The yields in the table below are calculated using the country-specific high yield corporate bond indices maintained by Siblis Research. The indices consists of euro denominated high yield (sub investment grade) corporate bonds issued by European companies. YTM is the weighted average yield to maturity of the bonds part of a country-specific index.
For current & historical yields of all the largest European economies (United Kingdom, France, Italy…), check the European Corporate Bond Yields & Spreads dataset by Siblis Research.
European Corporate High Yield Bond Indices - Yield to Maturity
|Date||Belgium YTM||Finland YTM||Germany YTM||Ireland YTM||Poland YTM||Sweden YTM||Switzerland YTM|
Purchase the current & historical yields & spreads of the twelve largest European economies (Germany, France, UK…) and do your own analysis of the European corporate bond markets. Check a sample dataset from here
European Corporate Bond Indices by Siblis Research
Siblis Research is maintaining country-specific high yield & investment grade corporate bond indices for the largest European nations. The historical yields of investment grade indices are available since 12/31/2009 and sub-investment grade are available since 12/31/2010.
- Inclusion: A company must be headquartered in a corresponsing country-specific index.
- Maturity: All the securities must have a maturity of at least two years. When maturity falls under two years, a security is removed from an index.
- Weighting & rebalancing: The constituents are weighted based on their market value. The indices are rebalanced monthly.
- Coupon types: Securities with the following types are eligible to be included: Fixed coupon, zero coupon, fixed to float coupon.
The major indices tracking the European corporate debt market
- The index is based on the debt issued by blue-chip companies part of EURO STOXX 50 stock index. It tracks the performance of the euro denominated, investment grade corporate bonds of the largest European public companies.
- The index tracks the performance of debt issued by any investment grade companies denominated in EUR, meaning that the securities in the index are not necessary issued by European companies. There are almost 3000 different securities in the index. The current average YTM of the components is 0.55%.
- The index consists of euro and pound denominated sub investment grade corporate debt publicly issued in the eurobond, sterling domestic or euro domestic markets. PIMCO’s Euro Short-Term High Yield Corporate Bond Index Source UCITS ETF EUR Accumulation fund is replicating the BofA Merrill Lynch index.